the wrong side of the bed

Sunday, May 09, 2004

same old, same old

this morning my mother tried to convince me that, if i made myself consciously aware, i would notice that at least once a day someone around me* claims that "what goes around comes around." or, is it "what comes around goes around?" in either case, i have not heard it today, except from my mother, but does that count? i suppose today it does, but in the future it will not count if i hear it from her. i mean, she could just call me everyday to say it.

my mother used to always say to me, "with you, dorotha, i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. a rock and a hard place." and "dorotha, with you i am damned if i do and damned if i don't. damned if i do and damned if i don't." she used to always repeat it, just like that.

from this you may guess that my mother is, at heart, a pessimist. and a bit fatalistic.

anyway, i wish i could molt. i was thinking about this just now as i was washing my face before bed. i bought some scrubby, disposable face towels with the thought that i needed a greater amount of exfoliation in my life. scrubbing my face, though, didn't seem enough. i feel like there is quite a thick layer of epidermis that i could stand to lose. i think i need something with ground up apricot pits.

* i believe my mother would also count references to this saying in any form of media that i am exposed to in a given day.
1:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment