the wrong side of the bed

Thursday, June 10, 2004

john linnell and i are getting old, and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic pressence

years ago, my friend molly described my then boyfriend as a "hobbit loving, chuck taylor wearing, they might be giants fan." oh, how right she was! i think i was trying to make a case for how he was "special" or something. i didn't count many (any?) boys among my friends at the time and my ex really introduced me to the possibility that all guys may not be assholes (case in point: he introduced me to henry). anyway, my ex and i agreed that TMBG's "they'll need a crane" is one of the saddest songs ever - at least about breaking up.


for my birthday, my friend carole, who happens to be one of the best people on earth, gave me a DVD of TMBG videos. it has reminded me that i am in love with john linnell. how could i have forgotten? while the crane has certainly been involved in the demolition of my relationship with my ex, i have to say that it has not come near the house i have built with john.
9:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment