the wrong side of the bed

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

ripley's

i spent the afternoon studying with a friend. towards the end, things just devolved into me telling stories from my childhood. when i told her that kids called me a fat cow (or similar epithet) every day (seriously) in elementary school, she didn't want to believe me. when i told her that in high school i hid behind a mane of long brown hair and only wore dark, solid colors so as not to attract attention, she didn't want to believe me. not kidding. she said she always assumed that i was really cool in high school. what? i play role-playing games and collect comic books as an adult! how could i possibly have been cool as a kid? i had to pull out the big guns to convince her. it wasn't pretty. but, she finally believes that i have always been a tremendous loser. um, great!
6:49 PM

2 Comments:

What the heck is wrong with buying comics and playing rpgs well into your late twenties, I'd like to know?

Nothin, that's what.

Even if you read less of the highbrow 'grown up' comics and tons of X-Men.

Yeah.

That's the ticket.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM  
I don't think there is anything wrong with reading comics of any sort (except maybe pervy manga. ick!), but, c'mon, it is soooooo dorky!!!!
Blogger dorotha, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment