the wrong side of the bed

Monday, July 19, 2004

harvey dent

yesterday i went to the pride march and, like two-face, i am now marked on half of my face. it is quite odd, but somehow, in the three hours that i was milling around the capital watching drag queens and queer teens, i managed to only get sunburned on the left side. a sign of my inner evil perhaps? a sinister, hidden core that his leaked out, deceptively hiding itself as scarring from the sun.

i was thinking this morning that perhaps it is time that i develope a secret life and an alternate identity. oh, many of you may think i have already done this, but no. i am just dorotha. you get what you get with me. i am straight forward. i lie, but i will tell you that i have lied. i follow my own consistent ethical belief structure to the best of my abilities, and that is obvious, too. but, i think this is getting boring. i think, like harvey dent, i would like the nice bits and the evil bits to separate, but more completely than dent. perhaps the good part of me could do my daily tasks like a friendly, trustworthy, civic minded automaton. when i am home alone, my evil side could come out and write nasty, scathing emails under false identities. or i could draw terrible, viscious, disturbing comics tearing apart my friends and loved ones. if i left the house, i could skulk through the streets with rotting cabbage in my pockets. i would knock out my own teeth and leave them in people's mailboxes. i would hex local business. i would fail to recycle. i would curse in front of children. i would walk up to strangers and demand they shake my hand.
10:28 AM

2 Comments:

Atta girl! Now that's the wrong side of the bed! I could add to your list, but I wouldn't want to stifle your own creativity.
Blogger Ron Southern, at 11:50 AM  
does this mean you are going to get two lover companions? one named 'sugar', one named 'spice'? oww!

-anonymous philanthropist
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment