the wrong side of the bed

Thursday, July 08, 2004

you made me love you

dear conan o'brien,

i want to love you, i really do. you amuse me more than many late night hosts. leno is homophobic and lettermen sexually harrasses women guests, so your competition isn't really tough. still, there is room for you to fall. i mean, there is no chance i will like jimmy kimmel, but i could totally give up on late night shows altogether. just know that you are on thin ice, my friend. i'm getting really sick of the "ruben studdard is fat" jokes. tonight you added a delightfully offensive stab at michael moore.

shut up, conan. don't ruin comedy for me.
12:00 AM

3 Comments:

i haven't watched david letterman since he was mean to richard simmons. i find that i can't remember what he did anymore, but it was simultaneously cruel and homophobic, which is a bad combo in my book.

used to watch him all the time in college tho. for years i could crack myself up just by reminding myself of the time a viewer sent in the following anagram for "late night with david letterman": "lame evening with that dirt lad."

remember arsenio hall?
Blogger birdfarm, at 1:49 AM  
i do love jon stewart! i do! but, i don't have cable. in fact, my reception is so bad that i can only watch fox and nbc. occassionally, if cloud cover is right, i can watch abc, but i don't know why i would want to.
Blogger dorotha, at 4:44 PM  
When I worked at the unnamed alternative newspaper, we had an college intern who had also done time at Comedy Central. Every single woman at the paper asked Allie for Jon Stewart stories.
Blogger Belle Reve, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment