the wrong side of the bed

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

dorotha against her better judgement

this is kind of gross - consider yourself warned. every so often i like to use needles to scrape skin particles and what not from the crevices of my watch. i have enjoyed doing this ever since i was a kid. in pursuit of this i managed to take apart my watch so completely that i cannot get it back together. i'm rather saddened by this because i am a bit dependent on my watch. it isn't that i need to know what time it is because i have a very tight schedule or something, but rather i am accustomed to the weight on my wrist. still, cleaning the watch felt to me to be the most worthwhile activity of my day. either this speaks poorly of the rest of what i have spent my time doing, or the joy i derive from cleaning the accordian band of my watch with an unfolded safety pin is more engrossing than it has any right to be. i'd say the new cohort of grad students does not hold a candle to my clean but broken watch.
11:18 PM

3 Comments:

yeah that is gross.

-anonymous philanthropist
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  
O.K. I'm missing something here - why is that gross?

-M.P. Idaho
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  
to me, the idea of skin particles being encrusted in the grooves of watches and someone meticulously scraping them out is, well, not exactly savory.

it's mostly the idea of encrusted skin. ew.

-anonymous philanthropist
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment