the wrong side of the bed

Thursday, September 30, 2004

i'm stealing back to the same old used to be

i was thinking about my favorite cardigan the other day. it is grey with burgandy buttons. there was a time in my life when i wore it almost every day. there was also a time in my life in which i wore cardigans everyday that was even remotely cold. this was texas. i wore cardigans when it was in the 80's. this morning i put on about six different outfits before settling on the one i am wearing (it is quite odd, btw). i kept thinking, if only i had more cardigans! why did i get rid of my cardigans? why do i get rid of anything?

my friend molly used to have a green cardigan. it was soft and fuzzy. it was a little bit short. we traded cardigans for one week. i wore hers every day and she wore mine. i loved my cardigan more.

today i was googling myself. i found a post on a blog in which someone was actually looking for me. this is what it said:

Dorotha Harried if you are out there in the universe, this is your beacon. You spent 3 weeks dying your hair daily to get it the right shade of sea-foam green to match the bridesmaids dress for your sister's wedding and it was fabulous with barrettes and ribbons covered with glued-on paper cranes. You have style. Where did you go? Now you could have dyed your eyes too...

molly, this is you! you are looking for me! i haven't seen you in years. are you still wearing your green cardigan?



1:21 PM

2 Comments:

you know that if people google that text, they can find out your real name. right?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  
1. dorotha harried is my real name.

2. do people really care who i am? hmmmm... i suppose i could take the post down. i'm gonna think about it. this gives you a small window of time in which you might google the text and stalk me.
Blogger dorotha, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment