the wrong side of the bed

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

half full/half empty

this morning i had the most awesomely awesome time teaching my students. i had two sections in a row and they both went really well. i felt like i was actually teaching them something and that maybe they were even learning, too. it was invigorating. in my second class of the day, my student who sounds like the musical robot kid from spellbound and who is a big GWB supporter did something sweet for me. i left one of my favorite pens on the desk after class last week. he picked it up, at first thinking he would snag it from me, but then decided that it was such a good pen that i must really love it. today when i came into class, a pen was sitting on the desk. i went on and on about how much i love that kind pen and how neat it was that i got one for free that still had ink in it. after class my musical robot kid came up to me and explained that it really was my pen. i think he may be my favorite republican.

then i fucked my teaching day up.

i totally neglected to teach one of my sections this afternoon. actually, i was fully prepared to teach it, i just somehow got it into my head that the class started twenty minutes after it actually does. by the time i realized my mistake, my students were long gone. and i am left feeling like an idiot. i don't know. ang tells me to just give them blow-pops next week.
3:09 PM

6 Comments:

Although, according to reba they're all on E anywya, so maybe what they really want is some water...
Blogger Ang, at 9:56 AM  
Bribing them with food works every time. Thay especially seem to like oreos and carrot sticks.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  
Sure, blowpops would work. Or you could just go ahead and battle an animatronic bear. I'm telling you, it's the cure for what ails ya! And yes, I'm speaking from experience. Battling an animatronic bear relieved me of my hepatitis.
-anonymous philanthropist
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM  
alright, alright. there seems to be a certain someone out there who wants to see me battle an animatronic bear. bring it on! give me a time and place and i will be there with bells on. i hear bells are very distracting to bears, especially the animatronic ones.

if you need me, i will be filing my nails into razor points.
Blogger dorotha, at 8:21 AM  
oh very good!
please conduct your battle with the 'urso animatro' at 10 o'clock in the night sky. i expect to look up at that point and see you and the bear gloriously ripping up the heavens. won't that be grand.
-anonymous philanthropist
(p.s. might i suggest you wear bright pink nail-polish. that will not only intimidate the bear, it will invoke its dire envy. you must exploit all weaknesses. the animatronic are most wiley.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  
Why would missing your last section mess up your awesome teaching day? Quit while you're ahead, I say. Quit while you're ahead.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment