the wrong side of the bed

Friday, April 29, 2005

i feel like i wouldn't like me if i met me

my friend jon gets up at six to walk to school everyday. then he works. and then he goes home around five and relaxes. it is amazing, if you ask me. i don't know how to do this. i admire his ability to focus on a particular task when there are distractions all around.

i walked to school with him this morning. he's a quiet guy. i'm hyper in the morning. i'm irritating all day long. i supplied a constant flow of babble to which he would occassionally respond with a small laugh or a grunt of acknowledgement. i felt like a yippy little dog running in circles around him. gwen stefani scares me of late, but i wouldn't mind hiring and entourage. i need a lot of attention, though not necessarily from hot asian girls.

i bought the new tegan and sara album because i saw them perform live and they are adorable. i didn't think their music was all that great, but after buying the cd, i have to say that i am quite smitten. seriously. i'm in love. it kind of hurts. how can't i be in love with this?


where does the good go

where do you go with your broken heart in tow
what do you do with the left over you
and how do you know, when to let go
where does the good go, where does the good go
look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive
look me in the heart and tell me you won't go
look me in the eye and promise no love's like our love
look me in the heart and un break broken, it won't happen
it's love that breaks the seal of always thinking you would be
real, happy and healthy, strong and calm, where does the good go
where does the good go
where do you go when you're in love and the world knows
how do you live so happily while I am sad and broken down
what do you say it's up for grabs now that you're on your way down
where does the good go, where does the good go


i just don't know how i am supposed to do the things i need to do when i am wondering where the good goes. help me out here.
7:28 AM

3 Comments:

ah, dorotha, I love tegan and sara. so much. I can listen to their albums any time. actually, I'm going to see them in Milwaukee next weekend. want to meet me there?

my favorite track on the new album is "wake up exhausted."

-jamie
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  
i've told you right that i once walked right through gwen stefani's entourage while at the minneapolis airport? one of the bandmates was totally staring me down... i could tell he was looking at me thinking, "yeah, you recognize us, what you gonna do?" i just walked on by, cool as a curlycue. i am above no doubt. i walk through them like so much vapor.
Blogger Henry, at 3:38 PM  
I work at The Rave, Milwaukee where Tegan and Sara just played.

Adorable.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment