the wrong side of the bed

Monday, October 17, 2005

my mom lubs me

my parents only reccently (last year?) started telling me that they love me. my mother used to sign emails "lub" rather than have to commit to loving me. i know, they are shifty people, my parents. i'm suprised they haven't tried that "i love you, but i'm not in love with you" crap on me. gah!

anyway, some people say that actions speak louder than words. if so, those people might say that the fact that i have gotten a halloween care package from my mother for the 7 years i have lived outside of texas might indicate that i am loved.

to those people, i say maybe. maybe you are right.*

anyway, my mom sent me a blue sweater set, lots of candy, supplies for monster making, power puff girls madlibs, a strange ghost pen with a koosh ball for hair, miniature salt and paper shakers that i am sure that my dad got on an airplane, weird buttons and jewelry from a thrift store (for use in monster making), and the cute postcards pictured below.

*especially, i guess, when you factor in the easter care package which i get even though we are not christian or pagan.
12:08 PM

2 Comments:

I have those awesome postcards too, and I lub them.
Blogger Vicky Simpleton, at 2:04 PM  
If she really loved you, she'd send the He-Man DVD set.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment