the wrong side of the bed

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

cornhole: live through this!

the other day, i posted about the game of cornhole, but i didn't really explain why. kids* in my neighborhood have started playing this game, first at the house next to mine, and now two blocks away. last weekend i saw four different groups of kids playing. one of the groups uses what i have been calling the "civil war commerative cornhole set." one of the targets is the flag of the US (current) and one is that of the confederacy. i have no idea why one would use a set like this. i want to confront the kids and ask them why they are doing it. WWMDD?**

here are some images for you. some of these are "baggo" sets, which is exactly the same game. i think that some people for some reason don't like to call it "cornhole." i'm sure that in cincinnati, where the game originated, they call it cornhole. keep it real, that's what i say.


* college kids
** not wah-weapons of mass duh-destruction. what would mitch dunier do. i suspect he would walk up to the kids, play dumb, and start asking questions.

Labels:

11:24 AM

5 Comments:

these images are disturbing to me, but why? i think you've somehow brainwashed me into viewing the world as creepified.
Blogger Henry, at 2:42 PM  
I have also been wondering about the sudden interest in bean-bag toss -- which is what we called it back in pre-school.

I saw some people playing it in the parking lot outside of Miller Park before a Brewers game, and I was like, WTF??? Are those the same guys from E. Gorham St.??? But no, evidently it is widely popular.
Blogger AK, at 8:53 AM  
Cornhole is one of my favorite words. I never knew it was a game. There's a street near my apartment called Cornwallis, but I call it Cornhollis.
Blogger Vicky Simpleton, at 6:19 AM  
I've sometimes seen it played on Randall Ave... I always just figured "Hey, why not?"
Blogger carly, at 11:29 AM  
I saw a set at Sears for $99. I thought that was disturbing.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment