the wrong side of the bed

Thursday, November 02, 2006

i was so wrong about about texas

from my mother:

Larry and I put our political signs out in the front yard over the weekend. One vote Democratic, one for a judge candidate, and one peace sign. I thought maybe the signs would be taken, but instead, somebody drove by while Larry was home and shot paint balls at the front windows and at the signs. It was very loud like someone was shooting out the windows or throwing rocks at them. Larry went rushing out as the car sped away. He then spend hours cleaning off the front of the house and the signs with water. He had to get ladders out and everything.

The shooting part scares me! Larry says we leave the signs up. I say so, too. It is a free country. But wow! I don't like it.

Labels: ,

7:14 AM

3 Comments:

yeah. i'm afraid the paint ball barrage begins once beyond the travis county line.
Blogger Henry, at 12:25 PM  
Emily,

Please don't reject me over this one incident.

Love,
Texas (admittedly flawed, but still pretty cool)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 PM  
i fucking hate this fucking state.
fuck texas.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment