the wrong side of the bed

Monday, January 01, 2007

going, going, gone

in college, i learned about facial hair removal. when i was younger, i just thought that some women never had hair grow on their faces. i thought that because i did i was sort of gross. i didn't know the lengths women go through to be hairless. i suddenly knew people who melted, waxed, and used twirled strings to remove the hair above their lips. i also learned that some women have enough facial hair to really have a moustache. i read somewhere about women who deliberately let their facial hair grow. how did they get actual beards? the article i was reading just said they didn't use anything to remove hair. um, neither did i, but i didn't have even the creepiest of pubescent-boy-stache. but i am older now and things are getting out of control. i hadn't planned on doing anything about it, but i sort of feel it is getting to an all or nothing situation. i either want a goatee or a baby face. i am going to melt. i am going to put some horrible cream on my face that will dissolve the hair away. do you think it is the same stuff that is in dran-o?
(cute shirt stolen from this site.)

Labels: ,

11:13 AM

5 Comments:

What I want to know is why people are so obsessed with extreme eyebrow plucking. I maintain that thick brows, even a hint of unibrow, can be totally hot! I suppose I'm in the minority, though.

At least that old completely-plucked-then-painted-on look has yet to resurface ... but I think it is only a matter of time.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  
Agreed that thick eyebrows are the way to go. Sounds like you're just ahead of the trends. Check out: "Skin Deep; Throw Your Tweezers Away." By NATASHA SINGER, The New York Times, Published: August 17, 2006. I guess you won't have to invest in eyebrow extensions. I know I don't.

"WHETHER fake or farm-raised, fur makes a fashionable fall accessory. But this season the trendiest fluff is not the trim on coats or handbags. Autumn's most prized pelt is the hairy eyebrow..."
Blogger jt, at 8:05 AM  
i never pluck my eyebrows. seems silly and high maintenance.
Blogger dorotha, at 8:17 AM  
I rarely pluck mine, but do sometimes pay someone else to put hot wax on them and rip bits off. It lasts awhile and I have very MEANDERING eyebrows. They're not really bushy but I get these little outliers that are not particularly attractive.

However, I do not mess with my bikini line.
Blogger Cabell, at 4:57 PM  
Yay for unibrows and fe-moustaches!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment