the wrong side of the bed

Sunday, June 03, 2007

talk about bum cakes

another thing about me that i have just discovered. i have really wide hips. i have always known that the top of me is smaller than the bottom of me, but i guess i didn't really think about the curves involved in that. i mean, the only curves i thought were involved were my breasts, which are not very curvy, they are just small. i knew my hips were wide, but i guess i thought all of me was universally wide. like a tube of cookie dough that has maybe been squeezed a tiny bit here an there. whatever. i could still be wrong. maybe my hips are not gigantic. anyway, these are crude drawings of how i perceived myself up until yesterday, how i think i must really look, and what i think girls are supposed to look like. yeah, i know that girls are not supposed to look like anything and there are all these varieties of body shapes, blah, blah, blah. come on people! everybody knows that girls are supposed to look like undergrads!

anyway, it is no wonder that when i tell sean i look like a boy he argues vehemently that i don't. i look like i could birth triplets all at the same time.


update! i just looked in the mirror again. i may have exaggerated the width of my hips. i really wish i could figure out what i look like.

Labels:

2:53 PM

4 Comments:

I do not recall ever having noticed you having disproportionately big hips. So I think you don't. You have a disproportionately cute face, though!
Blogger Gwen, at 11:43 AM  
As I have told you many times, I love your shape. It is the cutest. And, no, that picture doesn't capture it.
Blogger Constance, at 2:09 PM  
here's the thing connie - you are a straight woman. awesome as i am, i am pretty sure you aren't going to have sex with me. are you warm for my pleasantly shaped form?
Blogger dorotha, at 5:59 PM  
D, try not to despair. It could be worse: Though my boobs are big, I am elsewhere shaped like a middle-aged dude with a gut. Think Bill Cosby with jugs. This is difficult to deal with. I mean, that's totally why I never wear colorful sweaters.
Blogger Ang, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment