the wrong side of the bed

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm my inspiration

I'm trying to apply for jobs. I've been saying this forever, but I really mean it. I've got to get out of this place, if it's the last thing I do. I'd really like to be closer to my family and/or in a place that I can make permanent. I get worn down by living a temporary life. It has been over 7 years that I have been waiting to get a move on. A silly approach to making progress.

I have found six jobs that I need to apply for this week. None of them are perfect fits, but who am I? I'm supposed to let them decide I'm not qualified, or so I am told. Needless to say I am stalling sending out resumes and such. I'm not good at tooting my own horn. Procrastination is always a nice and painful way to approach responsibilities. Instead of applying for jobs, I've just been updating a exercise/diet plan that I had started, but stopped, on Spark People (like Weight Watchers online, but free). I'm getting chubby again after having mysteriously lost a lot of weight. The website, in addition to nutrition and exercise goals, recommends a schedule of affirmation/reinforcement techniques. Most involve talking to supportive people and such. My very favorite was the suggestion that I give my self a five minute pep talk every day. I have no idea how I could fill five minutes with pepping. I don't know if I could keep it up for a whole minute. Really, what am I supposed to say? In high school I attended as few pep rallies as I possibly could, but from what I witnessed, there was a lot of "we've got spirit" going on. Is this what I should say? Should I just give myself compliments?

"Dorotha, your the hottest girl I have ever known. I'd really like to get your digits."

"I would give my eyeteeth to spend just one day with you."

"You are my Dinky Bossetti. My my Duckie. My Edna Shinglebox. My Watts."

"I have more faith in you than I have in the sun rising in the morning."

"Dorotha, I do believe that you are watching us with the eye of a tiger."

"I can see that St. Elmo's Fire is burning in you."

"Dorotha, I cannot live without you."

This last one, I think, is the most true. I really can't live without me. I will start chanting this for at least five minutes everyday. Starting tomorrow. Or sometime this week. I swear.
3:38 PM

2 Comments:

Yay! You posted! Now repeat that (in the 1st person) for 5 minutes.
Blogger Careyoke, at 9:11 AM  
I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search. To find top account on tiktok, please search tiktok downloader
Blogger Sophie Grace, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment