the wrong side of the bed

Thursday, July 06, 2006

take it! take another little piece of my brain now baby

in so many ways, this past year has been the easiest i have had in a long time in terms of depression. i mean, i get depressed when i should. when the situation calls for it. i haven't been sad for no reason. the reasons i am sad are completely valid.

this is what i started telling my neurologist this morning. i told him all of this after we discussed the long term possibility of excising a piece of my temporal lobe. i told him that i felt overwhelmed by all of this. i also told him that i was angry, but i think that my anger is valid, too. i mentioned grad school to him, and the problems that i am having with that. i told him that sometimes i feel like charlie in flowers for algernon, and he smiled a funny smile. i think if i had said one more thing, i would have burst into tears and clung to him.

i think i am beginning to have a little crush on my neurologist. this is normal, right? i think it even has a name. despite how common this might be, it sort of wigged my out that i might want to hug my doctor and cry my heart out.

you know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.

Labels: ,

11:56 AM

1 Comments:

My own crush on a neurologist was documented in Wisconsin Week.

But really, finding someone who cares about you, paid-professional or not, is pretty amazing.
Blogger Belle Reve, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment