the wrong side of the bed

Monday, November 12, 2007

mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

I am dizzy right now. I feel like I have been dizzy a lot lately. I feel like I can't remember a day recently during which I have not felt at least a little dizzy. I started taking a medication a few weeks ago, but never really got to the full dosage, and then weaned myself off. Presumably this would no longer be messing with me since it was a good 2 or 3 weeks ago. I feel like I might have been dizzy even before that, though. When was the last time I wasn't dizzy?

I'm telling you this because I had this sudden urge, while washing my dishes a few minutes ago, to schedule an doctor's appointment. There is, I am sure, nothing wrong with me. It is just that having gone years without being properly diagnosed with epilepsy has made me nervous. Every tiny thing could be a symptom of something. Why am I dizzy? Why can't I sleep anymore? Why is the pinky finger on my left hand numb?

I am dangerously close to becoming a hypochondriac. I have been to the doctor unnecessarily a few times this year just to be safe. Maybe just one time. The other time was to the optometrist.

Still.

Labels:

10:06 PM

2 Comments:

i think dizziness is generally one of those symptoms you should have checked out. most likely when you go to the doctor you won't be dizzy at that moment, so diagnosis might be tricky. still, i think you should make an appointment.
Blogger AK, at 10:50 AM  
I have the same problem. I think it is panic disorder. I also am dizzy before i go to sleep and i also feel like every little think is a symptom. It is anxiety.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment