the wrong side of the bed

Monday, June 12, 2006

tits and ass

yesterday at jon's apartment, his roommate's girlfriend asked if she could open a window or turn on the fan. she felt it was stuffy in the apartment. jon's roommate said, "of course you can. in this apartment, girls can do whatever they want." i said, "so i can do what i want?" "no," he said, "you aren't really a girl. well you aren't girly."

right. i suppose he wouldn't consider the fact that, while walking to their apartment, some guy screamed out his car window, "hey, you have a fat ass!" because people scream that at boys all the time.

Labels: , , , ,

12:54 PM

1 Comments:

I was just telling someone lately that I would rather guys yell things at me out of moving vehicles than say them to me up close on the street, because it seems less threatening that way. Specifically I'm thinking of remarks on my hair, which with guys always retain the potential of being only a prelude to some crudely sexual remark (like asking me if my snatch matches, true story). I imagine that a guy with my hair a) wouldn't get as approached about it as much and b) wouldn't have to worry that approaches were going to become unwanted sexual advances.
Blogger Rhymes With Scrabble, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment